Pages

Sunday, December 23, 2012

34 Weeks...6 to go!

Week: 34

Size (according to Babycenter.com):  A cantaloupe (or 4.75 lbs and 18 inches)

Total Weight gain:  13 lbs…Tis the Season, right? 

Physically, I'm feeling:  Ok, just kind of pathetic.  It’s sad how quickly I get worn out.  Also, the heartburn is getting worse and worse.  Holy shit…it’s no joke.

I had a doctor’s appointment this week and everything still looks good.  I’m measuring right on target and they are pleased with my weight gain.  My blood pressure is a little low (102/62) which they are keeping an eye on, but explained that low blood pressure is a lot better than high blood pressure.  It just makes me more prone to fainting or feeling lightheaded.  I also learned that you can’t really sneak anything by your doc this late in the pregnancy.  I had a half-decaf pumpkin spice latte before my appointment on Monday and it was definitely noticed.  The babe’s heart rate was in the 170s (usually about 150).  Whoops.  Sorry, baby.

My next appointment is Jan 2nd and then I think I start going every week.  Whoa, this is moving so quick!

Emotionally, I'm feeling:  Happy and excited.  It’s been a great week.  Bud and I have spent a lot of time organizing all the generous gifts we got last week and it’s oddly satisfying.  Nesting, I guess?

Sleep:  Pretty good, not great.  I ramped up to waking twice a night to go the bathroom this week which sucks, but I guess it’s better than some of my friends who said they were up once per hour.  I can now manage everything without even opening my eyes.  I will barely open them just to make sure I’m not stepping on a dog, but other than that my eyes stay closed the whole time.  Impressive, right?

Baby's Movement:  Less this week which makes me sad, but it’s to be expected.  My poor boy is probably running out of room.  I can still get him going with a cold glass of water, but he’s pretty still throughout the day.

What I'm nervous about:   Getting any bigger.  I have 6 weeks left to go so I know I’ll continue to groooooooow, but I don’t know what the hell I’m going to wear or how I’m going to function. 

What I'm excited about:  CHRISTMAS!  Tomorrow is Christmas Eve which means family time, great food, and no work.  Sounds good to me.

Anything else?:  I’m going to do my damndest to drink in every minute of this Christmas.  I know that next year will be very special and amazing with our little guy, but I’m a little weepy knowing that this is our LAST Christmas just the two of us.  I will cherish every moment the next two days and appreciate every quiet second that I get to spend just enjoying time with my family of two (or four if U&J are included).  Hard to explain, I guess…because I know that growing our family will only grow our happiness, but it’s a bit sad to think that this is the last Christmas where it won’t be solely about each other. 

No comments:

Post a Comment