Pages

Sunday, December 9, 2012

32 weeks...8 to go!

Week: 32…8 months! Whoa.

Size (according to Babycenter.com):  A large jicama or 3.75 lbs and 16.7 inches (doesn’t that seem to be a little exact for a guesstimate?)

Total Weight gain:  11 lbs 

Physically, I'm feeling:  A little rough this week.  I started having this weird foot/heel pain on Wednesday and it’s still there, but has now spread to my calf and up my leg.  It makes me walk like an old lady which makes me feel super cute.  I’m guessing it’s just tendinitis or cramping and I hope it goes away soon.

I had a doctor’s appointment this week and everything looks great.  The appointments are super short.  All they do is get my weight, blood pressure, measure my hugeness (still on target), and listen to the babe’s heartbeat (nice and strong).  They always ask if I have questions, but I inevitably blank out when I’m there.  It’s funny…I always have questions, but I want to be one of the 16% (see below) as much as a 15 year old fat girl wants to get asked to Homecoming.  Trust me, I speak from experience.

I have started a little list on my phone for my next appointment of questions to ask.  Let's see if I ask them or chicken out.

Emotionally, I'm feeling:  Weepy like a mofo.  I think I’ve cried every day lately and I’m not sad, I swear.  I cried when I dropped June off for surgery.  I cried when I told Bud about dropping her off.  Cried when I went to bed Friday night because I felt like a bad mom for not staying up with her.  Cried when driving in my car because “Bridge Over Troubled Water” came on.  Can’t wait to see where the tears come from today.  Sheesh.

Sleep:  I had two bouts of pregsomnia this week which sucked.   Other than those two nights I’m sleeping fine.

Baby's Movement:  Perfect.  Bud FINALLY got to feel the little guy move.  I’ve been able to feel him from the outside for a long time, but I swear the kid is shy or something.  He’ll be rocking and rolling, but if anyone comes near me he freezes in his tracks.  It’s like when the girls are doing something really cute, but if I even try to reach for my camera they stop immediately. 

What I'm nervous about:   I think my feeling can best be summed up by my favorite Swedish pop group.  Take it away, ABBA.


What I'm excited about:  Two amazing things are happening this week.  First, my mom and Bud’s dad are painting the nursery on Tuesday!  Can’t wait.  We chose a color called Rhino which is bluish-grayish. 

Second, my baby shower is next weekend.  Yay!  Can’t wait to see so many of my friends and to celebrate.  I’m also VERY excited about the brunch menu because I love, love, love breakfast food.  Is it weird if I make a mimosa with sparkling grape juice?

Anything else?:  June’s recovery is going great.  She’s honestly so drugged up that we haven’t really had any troubles.  She’s still bleeding a lot so we have to be diligent about changing her and trying to keep her clean and dry.  She’s on 4 prescriptions (two painkillers, one sedative, and one antibiotic) that she gets 3 times a day.  It’s like a trial run for the babe, right?  I must say, Bud makes one hell of a teammate.

The drains come out Wednesday morning.  I’m really looking forward to the bleeding to stop.  It’s gnarly.  Every time the poor gal stands up a there’s a puddle underneath her.

1 comment:

  1. One of the many reasons I love your blog posts- an ABBA reference? Totally just made my morning!!

    Happy Nursery painting day to you. :)

    ReplyDelete