Pages

Sunday, December 16, 2012

33 Weeks...7 to go!

Week: 33

Size (according to Babycenter.com):  A pineapple (or 4 lbs and 17”)

Total Weight gain:  10 lbs 

Physically, I'm feeling:  No idea how or why I lost a pound this week because I’ve honestly never looked or felt bigger.  It’s getting to that point where it’s kinda funny to watch me get off the couch.  I play it cool in public, but Bud gets to enjoy watching his round little wife have to gain momentum just to get up.  #i’msexyandiknowit

Other than huge, I’m feeling pretty good.  I had a good amount of Braxton Hicks contractions yesterday when we were at the movies (saw Lincoln…I liked it, didn’t love it, but Daniel Day Lewis is as good as everyone says he is).  I finally came up with a way to describe what they feel like.  I have no clue if it feels like this for anyone else or if it’s just me, but the best way to describe it is to imagine you have been wearing Spanx that are two sizes too small all day long.  It’s weird.  I was just sitting there and all the sudden my stomach is ROCK HARD and I feel like I need to take my Spanx off, but I’m practically wearing sweatpants (God Bless maternity jeans).  They aren’t painful (at all) just uncomfortable.  The only thing that makes them go away for me is lying down, but that wasn’t an option at the movie theater.  Oh well, nothing to complain about really, just annoying.

Emotionally, I'm feeling:  Overwhelmingly thankful.  My shower was today and it was so nice.  Not only was it great to get all the amazing loot, but it was so, so great to see a bunch of people that I don’t see often enough.  I didn’t think I wanted a shower, but was SO glad my adult besties hosted one for me.  They even brought sparkling grape juice so I could enjoy a poinsettia with everyone else.  Thanks, Grier, Deens, Ewo, and Mampy!  Today was amazing.  I promise I’ll post pictures from the shower soon so my out of town friends can see everything.  And yes, I’m in the pictures so you’ll finally get to see me in all my knocked-up glory.

Here's a sneak peak.  There were baby pictures of me and Bud on the table...so cute! 
And there's my mocktail and the menu.  Yum!

Sleep:  Better this week.  I only had one night where I couldn’t sleep because I was stressing over some seriously stupid and not baby related things.

Baby's Movement:  Constant…which is ok by me.  I’ve read that the baby might start moving less at this point in the pregnancy because he’s running out of room, but that’s not happening yet for me.  Yesterday, the baby had the hiccups and Bud got to feel that.  So creepy, but cool too I guess.

What I'm nervous about:   No nerves this week…life is good.

What I'm excited about:  Allyson and Janice are coming home this week!  I haven’t seen Allyson since August and I haven’t seen Janice since I found out I was pregnant so it’ll be so good to see them both.  Yay!

Anything else?:  The nursery is really coming along and is making me and Bud so excited!  My mom and Bud’s dad painted the room Tuesday morning, my mom also attached the crib skirt that she made and we found some curtains that coordinate with the crib skirt.  Here are some pictures.  :)

So much better with some color on the wall!  That's the curtain on the side of the crib.  Maybe I'll get it hung this week?  Let's not hold our breath.


Detail of the crib skirt.  How great is my mom? 

1 comment:

  1. I will post pictures to FB tonight when I get off work. SO glad you had a good time. We were happy to do it.

    Who knew that Joan was so crafty? The bedskirt looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete