Pages

Sunday, December 2, 2012

31 Weeks...9 to go!

Week: 31

Size (according to Babycenter.com):  Four naval oranges or 16 inches and 3.3 lbs.  I swear he weighs at least 8 lbs already.  Either that or there’s twins in there and someone was hiding at both my ultrasounds. 

Total Weight gain:  10 lbs.  There’s that Thanksgiving weight I was expecting.

Physically, I'm feeling:  Ummmm, not great, not horrible.  I read that first trimester symptoms might rear their ugly head again in the 3rd trimester and I guess it’s true.  Not nearly as bad as I felt over the summer, but I’ll randomly just feel hungover and sore all day long.  It’s like I’ve been on my feet all day whilst chugging tequila chased by Bud Ice, but in reality all I did the day before was go to work.  Strange.  

Today has been pretty rough, but that’s probably because yesterday was a long ass day (more on that below).  I’m really tired and my abdomen has been sore and super tight.  Nothing to worry about, but it feels like I did 1,000 of those crazy upside down sit-ups this morning. 

Yep, that's totally me.  Bud took this picture this morning.

Emotionally, I'm feeling:  Excited/Nervous, Overwhelmed/Prepared, Freaking Out/Cool as a Cucumber….basically all over the place.  Mostly good, but every once in a while I’ll have a “Holy shit, what the hell am I doing” moment.  That’s normal, right? 

Sleep:  Same.  Thankfully, I’m still falling asleep pretty easily.  I just wish I could sleep through the night, just once.

Baby's Movement:  Dramatic.  I think this kid takes after me already.  He’ll be totally quiet for a long time and then FREAK OUT.  He’s mostly hanging out really high, right under my ribs on the right side so I look a little lopsided.  However, when I lay down I’ll feel him really low on the left side.  Hence why I’m suspicious that there’s only one kid in there.  Seems like my doc missed something. 

What I'm nervous about:   Juno’s surgery is on Thursday.  I’m excited to get the tumor removed and have this behind us, but am always nervous when my baby has to go under anesthesia.  Let’s hope it goes better this time than the last time which was a nightmare.

What I'm excited about:  NINE weeks to go.  Well, actually 8 weeks, 6 days if you want to get technical.  I remember when 9 weeks meant “interim” time in High School and now it means, I’ll have a kid.  Whoa.

And if I really want to get freaked I remind myself that the baby will be considered “full term” on January 12th which is only FORTY DAYS away.  Whoa.

Side note, I don’t think I’ve mentioned here yet, but I really, really want a February baby, not a January baby.  It’s totally stupid, but I don’t like odd numbers and would rather have a Feb (02) kid rather than a January (01) kid.  Weird, I know.  I mean, the poor guy will be born during an odd numbered year (2013), let’s not give him an odd numbered month too.

Anything else?:  Yesterday Bud and I attended an eight hour class at the hospital that covered everything…female anatomy, labor, delivery, recovery, nursing, coaching tips, anesthesia, vaginal birth, c-section, burping, diapering, swaddling, and lots else that I can’t remember.  There was also a tour of the maternity wing and NICU and we watched 3 birth videos.  Let's just say, nothing was left to the imagination once the class was over.  It was a really long day, but totally worth it.  We learned a lot and were really impressed with the hospital and staff. 

It equally made delivery scarier and less scary at the same time.  Scarier because…OOOOOOOUUUUUCCCCCHHHHHHH, too many details.  Less scary because at least we know what to expect and can start to prepare on how to deal.  One way or another, this kid is leaving my body at some point and the end goal is simply a healthy baby. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I am getting so excited for you guys!! We are so close to meeting Rainbow Stardust Garro! You and Bud are going to be amazing parents!

    Good luck to Juno! Hope everything goes smoothly. Hopefully not a running stitch this time???

    ReplyDelete
  2. "It’s like I’ve been on my feet all day whilst chugging tequila chased by Bud Ice." Hahahaha, this perfectly describes my Friday night, except replace Bud Ice with the classier PBR. True story.

    ReplyDelete