Pages

Sunday, October 28, 2012

26 Weeks...14 to go

Week: 26

Size (according to Babycenter.com):  It says, and I quote, “An English hothouse cucumber.”  OK….if you say so.

Total Weight gain:  4.5 lbs.  Side note, I’m fully expecting there to be one week where I gain 10 lbs or something crazy like that. 

Physically, I'm feeling:  Pretty sore and achy.  We had our Walk in Orlando yesterday.  I didn’t lift anything heavy or do anything too strenuous, but by the end of the event I felt like I could barely move.  I guess it just shows where I am with my physical fitness….not good.  Not good at all.  I was thinking about that woman who ran the Chicago Marathon 40 weeks pregnant and started to feel pretty damn lazy.  Not that I want to run a marathon in the next couple months, but I also don’t want to be sore just from walking around, you know?

Emotionally, I'm feeling:  Happy.  Work is stressful, but life is pretty good right now.  Honestly, I’m just very happy that I don’t have the laundry list of pregnancy symptoms (almost all of which are bathroom related…..ew) that are apparently common.  Knock on wood.    

Sleep:  Same.  I wake up once per night needing to go to the bathroom, but can usually go back to sleep.  The dogs don’t even react to me getting up in the middle of the night anymore.  June will lift her head and then dramatically roll over when she sees it’s me.

Baby's Movement:  Some days I feel him all the time.  Other days, it’ll only be once or twice.  I think I’m supposed to start counting kicks in the next couple weeks, but for now I’m not too worried about it.  If I started panicking every time an hour went by without a kick, I’d live at my doctor’s office.

What I'm nervous about:  My biggest Walk is this weekend in Jacksonville.  I’m equally nervous about it and excited it’ll be over.  I need to find $78,000 in 5 days.  Let’s do this.

What I'm excited about:  I’m excited that November is in a couple days.  Isn’t that a little crazy?  Just a couple weeks until the LAST Walk of the year (Nov 17th) and then I can just enjoy Thanksgiving, UF/FSU game (hopefully), my baby shower, people I love coming home for the holidays, Christmas, my 6th anniversary, New Years, College Bowl games, and the end of pregnancy without work stress hanging over my head.

Anything else?:  From what I’ve read, this baby can now hear pretty well.  I hope he’s been enjoying the bullshit Top 40 radio that I listen to.  What if this kid comes out and naturally sounds just like Adam Levine and thinks it's totally normal to cry in falsetto?

Also, here’s a little nursery sneak peak.  My sweet mom is making a crib skirt for me so I went to the fabric store today.  I didn't buy anything yet, but this was my favorite option that I saw.  What do you think?

4 comments:

  1. me too - fabric wise, love it! glad to hear everything is going well...good luck with the last walk and then all the enjoying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the fabric! I will approve of mom making the crib skirt. Please draw the line when she tries to cut his hair.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finally getting caught up on the blog and it is just pure awesome. That Adam Levine concern is potentially the funniest thing I have ever heard. I know I sound like Amy Alvarez in Mr. Romaine's class and her...what movie is that from, you guys are so funny...over exaggerating kind of way, but that one is up there my friend in your funniest quotes (maybe tied with your kid is ugly at FL/GA years ago).

    I love this. I can't wait for this baby to get here. He is so loved already. You can even name him Saphire Moonbeam Garro and I'd still love him.

    ReplyDelete