Pages

Thursday, January 10, 2013

22 Days Left!

OK, I promise I'm not constantly counting down, but 22 days left has to be acknowledged because it's my fave number.  22 4-evah!

With 22 days left, I've started a To Do list.  I'll never love a list as much as my sister, but I have to admit it feels pretty damn good to make a list and check things off.  Makes me feel like maybe I'm not a total waste of space these days.  So here we go...

1.  Install car seat base in Jetta.  We can wait on Bud's car, but should probably get it in mine sometime soon.

2.  Hang things on the nursery walls.  They are still nude.  We're still waiting for a couple things to come in, but I'd like to start this project soon.

3.  Pack a hospital bag.  Even though I've read about a billion "This is what to bring to the hospital when you have a baby" blog posts the past couple weeks, I still don't know where to start here.  I feel like everything I want to bring the hospital I'm still using.  I can go ahead and pack things for the babe, but honestly that's not much.  My hospital gives you everything you need except a car seat and a going home outfit.

4.  Watch the infant CPR DVD.  Bud and I decided to skip the pricey CPR class at the hospital and got an infant CPR DVD on netflix.  Obviously, we know that this is important and will gladly pay to take the class if we don't feel totally confident after watching it.  But, I think that we'll get just as much out of DVD instruction as we would a live class.  Hope so!

5.  One last pre-birthday shopping trip for the kid.  All the babe needs at this point is a couple more pairs of tiny pants.  I don't want his little legs to get cold and doubt he'll fit all the 6 month pants we have waiting for him at first. Oh God, I hope he doesn't fit 6 month pants right off the bat.

6.  Buy a few really fun/entertaining new toys to give to U&J when we get home from the hospital.

7.  Finish Thank You notes.  Just a couple more to go.


No comments:

Post a Comment