Pages

Sunday, September 30, 2012

22 Weeks...18 to go

Week: 22

Size (according to babycenter.com): The length of a spaghetti squash.  Whoa, that seems massive.  See my face here?  That's me crying to not cry.



Weight gain: 4 lbs.  yikes.  How did I double my weight gain in a week?  Starting to regret tracking this.

Physically, I'm feeling: Good, but huge.  I'm not kidding...I feel like I'm exploded this past week.  My normal clothes that were still fitting last week are getting to the point where I need to retire them. 

Emotionally, I'm feeling: So, so, SO happy that I made it through September.  I've worked every weekend since Labor Day and desperately need some time off.  I'm going to work from home Tuesday and Wednesday this week which will be nice.

No random emotional breakdowns this week so let's consider that a victory.

Sleep:  Better, but not great.  I'm definitely sleeping better as my work stress level has gone down.  3:00 am is still my favorite time to wake up for no reason, but at least I can usually go back to sleep.

Baby's Movement:  I'm feeling the kid more and more....usually in the morning and at night, but occasionally during the day.  It's still very soft and sporatic.  (Does anyone else think of Clueless everytime you hear "sporadic" or "sporadically?"  I can't be the only one.)

What I'm nervous about:  Doubling my weight gain again this week.  Holy shit...that cannot happen. I'll die.

What I'm excited about: Bud and I are buying him a new car, hopefully this week.  The Altima has treated us well, but it's to the point where it needs more repairs than it's worth so it's time to move on.  I like the Ford Edge, but we also want to check out Explorers and the Nissan SUVs.  I'm hoping he'll get some decent cash for his car, but with needed repairs we don't have high hopes.

Anything else?:  Bud and I might never pick a name for this boy.  We've had girl names narrowed down to two names that we both loved for a while (did I mention I thought we'd have all girls?), but we're more or less at square one with boy names.  I had several that Bud didn't love so they were eliminated and he had several that I didn't love (George Garro?!?!) so they got the boot too.  Now we have about 7 that we both like, but I'm a little ehhhhh about them.  Good thing we have plenty of time.  Because Bud had full naming rights* to both Uma and Juno I've never done this before.  It's a lot of pressure.

* I bribed Bud into getting girl dogs by telling him that he could have full naming rights.  #sorryboydogs

4 comments:

  1. I'm relieved to know someone else thinks about Clueless because I feel like I quote it way more often than is normal. Like when I blow through stop signs in Drayton, 9 times out of 10, I will say to myself, "I totally paused!"

    Love the blog updates! Keep them coming. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love that you have a blog. I am a faithful follower. I already love Baby G so much, can't wait to meet the little studmuffin!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. George Garro! If you all would like to give me naming rights, I can take over from here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What?! You have a blog?! this is so fun that I can't stand it.
    P.S. LOVE GEORGE
    P.P.S. So happy for you guys. You are going to be rad 'rents.

    ReplyDelete