Pages

Sunday, September 23, 2012

And it begins

written on 9/19/12

So I’m pretty sure the hardest thing about starting a blog is actually starting a blog.  You know, important things like picking the name.  I’m assuming that this blog will get pretty cheesy from time to time so I may as well give everyone fair warning. My apologies in advance.

OK, a few details and some FAQs (I’m sooooo official, right?)…

1.  I use “…” a lot when i write.  Not sure why, but if you go back and reread emails from me you’ll see a lot of it.  It’s an impulse.  I can’t do anything about it.  I will do my best to proofread this shit, but it you ever point out a spelling or grammar mistake, you are dead to me.

2.  I am currently 20 weeks, 4 days pregnant and found out today that it’s a boy.  Whoa.  Monumentally huge day.  I am equally excited and terrified at the same time.  I have to keep reminding myself that I’m 30 and married and really want this baby because I still kind of feel like I’m a teen mom that people are judging. #thanksMTv

3.  We do not know what we’re naming the kid.  I assume we’ll figure that out at some point in the next 19 weeks, but Bud and I have decided not to share our choice until he’s here.  I know this might torture my mother and it’s not nice to tease old people (love you, mom), but I just don’t want any feedback.  I guess I’m hoping that if you hate the name you won’t tell me if the ink is dry on the birth certificate, right?

4.  My due date is 2/2/13 which is the day before the Super Bowl.  Let’s hope the kid likes a Super Bowl themed birthday party every year.  Cheers!

5.  No cravings, except wine and jager.  OK, not jager, but I always thought it’d be funny to “crave” jager.  But wine and champagne sound pretty freaking good.

No comments:

Post a Comment