Pages

Sunday, September 23, 2012

21 Weeks...19 to go

OK, so I'm going to try to do a weekly update from here on out.  I predict I'll keep this up for 2-3 weeks, but will honestly try.  Some of this information (like weight gain...TMI!) is just a way for me to remember things on the next go around (yes, I will probably be knocked up again). 

Week: 21

Size (according to Babycenter.com):  The length of a carrot

Weight gain: 2 lbs (quick note here: According to my doctor, I'm only supposed to gain 15-20 this pregnancy.  I'm terrified of having Bethanny Frankel's jowels or any comparisons to Jessica Simpson so I'm really doing my best to try to not look like Shrek.)

Yikes:


And this is actually a decent picture:


KCG in February, Option 1:
KCG in February, Option 2:


Physcially, I'm feeling:  Pretty good.  I'm having round ligament pains which is about as much fun as it sounds.  It's not bad...bascially it just feels like someone kicked me in the stomach and I'm bruised.  Other than that, I'm good.

Emotionally, I'm feeling: Like I'm a fucking basketcase.  I cried at work this week.  Like, sobbed-in-my-office-for-5-minutes-with-the-door-shut cried because some asshole told me he didn't like a few things about the walk in Gainesville last weekend.  I've also cried recently because I couldn't decide what I wanted for dinner.  I blame half of this on the kid and half of this on lack of sleep.

Sleep:  Ha!  This has been an ISSUE lately, but I don't think I can blame it on the kid.  It's all work stress, but not sleeping has been my M.O. this week.  I've been falling asleep fine, but have woken up around 3:00 every morning and not really gone back to sleep.  It sucks.  I just lay there thinking about work.  When I'm not thinking about work, I'm usually thinking about how much not sleeping sucks which is really helpful.

Baby's Movement:  Yep, definitely feeling the kid now, but not reguarly.  It's totally weird and not what I was expecting.  It's kinda like a random (but not painful) pop just below my belly button. 

What I'm nervous about:  Bud has said some really mean things lately like, "You know our kid is going to eat ketchup."  Ah!  Didn't think about that part of parenthood and I'm know I'm not ready for that.  Thank god the kid won't eat french fries right out of the womb becasue I'm going to have to be pretty freaking madly in love with him if I'm going to wipe condiments off his cute little face.  Definitely couldn't do it right after meeting him.

What I'm excited about:  October is almost here!  September has been a shitty, shitty month.  I've had 3 walks in a row and another this coming weekend.  Thankfully, I'll have 3 weekends off in October.  I need it...badly.

I'm also excited becuase Bud and I have started getting the house in order to make room for the babe.  We are getting rid of the office because neither of us ever use it, turning what was the office into a guest bedroom, and turning what was the guest bedroom into the nursery.  So far, I've thrown away about a million bags of bullshit treasures that I was sentimentally holding on to and donated about 100 bags of clothes to goodwill.  I was holding on to a lot of 2-6 sized clothes in hopes that they'd fit again, but the truth is even WHEN they do fit, my style has changed since 2004...it's time to move on.

Anything else?:  I think I've officially wrapped my head around the fact that this kid is a boy and am very excited.  I don't know why, but I've always thought we'd have all girls.  Maybe it's because neither Bud nor I have any brothers?  However, I always wanted an older brother growing up (in addition to Allyson, not instead, obviously) so this kid will be my daughters' big brother.  Yes, plural.  I've already decided that the next kid will be a girl and that every girl needs a sister so I guess they'll be a third too.  Getting ahead of my self a bit?  Nah.

No comments:

Post a Comment