Pages

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

New level of tired

I foolishly thought that those first couple months of parenthood would be the most exhausting time of my life, but I was wrong, wrong, wrong.  I think it’s logical to assume that waking up 2-3 times in the middle of the night and breastfeeding around the clock would make me the most tired I’ve ever been, but I feel like I handled that pretty well.  This age, however, is almost too much.  ‘February 2013 Katie’ could run laps around ‘October 2013 Katie.’  No joke.

John is so fun right now, but he’s also so exhausting.  It’s a kind of exhaustion that hard to describe simply because I don’t have the energy or brain cells to form sentences that don’t sound asdfzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Whoa, sorry.  Just feel asleep on my keyboard.

I’m sleeping fine at night and John is still an angel of a night sleeper, but when he’s awake he’s FULL STEAM AHEAD and 100 mph.  Suddenly nothing that’s remotely safe interests him, but anything and everything nearby that could hurt him has a magnetic pull.  “Oh there’s a baseball bat.  Yay, look at that light socket. Mom, do you think I could pull the tv on my head? How about I try to throw myself off the couch?”  We’ve done our best to babyproof, but our house doesn’t have way to contain him so 90% of my life right now is following him around saying “careful, John, caaaaarrrrreeefull, John, careful, John.”  This week he learned to pull himself into a standing position which is a huge accomplishment and I’m so proud of my strong, healthy baby, but I also have the overwhelming desire to push him down because I’m not ready for him to walk. #motheroftheyeargoesto…


I know it’s a phase and this too shall pass, but man, I’m just tired and this shit is hard.  I think it’s time for a vacation.  Or maybe it’s just time to go to bed.  Yea, that sounds better.  A vacation is too much work.

And because no post is complete without a picture of my handsome sidekick...

Just a little post-nap bedhead

2 comments:

  1. I am sending John a knife set, some lighters and a Gillette Sensor XL in the hopes it will exhaust you so much you plan a Chicago vacation :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reconsidering those child leashes yet? Hahahaha.

    ReplyDelete