Pages

Thursday, October 17, 2013

38 In, 38 Out

Today marks an important milestone.  Today, John is 38 weeks and 2 days old which is exactly how far along I was in my pregnancy when he was born. 

Just to be clear - No, I don’t count the weeks anymore.  It’s kind of funny because I don’t even remember when I stopped.  Every Tuesday for 2-3 months, I’d say to Bud or my mom, “John is <<fill-in-the-blank-number>> weeks old today.”  Every Tuesday was a little celebration until one week it just wasn’t. 

And now the 22nd of every month is special.  “It’s John’s <<fill-in-the-blank-number>> month birthday!”  Pretty soon though, we’ll lose track of months too.  No, I will not answer in months when someone asks me how old he is after 1 year old. 

It’s so weird to think that he’s been alive as long as I was pregnant because I feel like he’s been around forever and I was pregnant for about 15 minutes.  It’s so weird to think how far he’s come.  38 weeks ago he was utterly helpless and 38 weeks before that he was a teeny-tiny ball of cells. 

But now at the ripe ol' age of 38 weeks, he's doing this...


The video isn't anything too exciting, but it's a good snippet of what I watch all day.  A happy boy playing with his girls. 

No comments:

Post a Comment