Pages

Thursday, October 10, 2013

Updated Stats

John had a check-up at the pediatrician yesterday and everything looks great.  It's always a relief to hear that he's doing well, meeting appropriate milestones, and growing right on track.  His pediatrician LOOOOOOVES him.  When she walked into the exam room John was only wearing a diaper.  She gasped, scooped him up and asked if she could take him down the hall to see Dr. Baker.  They both spent about 5 minutes oooing over him, smelling his yummy baby smell, and talking about his fat rolls.  It made me smile, but made John nervous.  He kept looking at me like "Mom, where are my clothes and who are these people?"

Weight: 22 pounds, 9.5 ounces
Height: 27.75 inches (which is 43% of my adult height)

He still has the same hilarious percentiles that he has since 1 month old - 85% for weight, 25% for height.  I could care less because this really doesn't mean anything for his future stats.  I mean, I hope he won't always be 85% weight and 25% height.  It's really not an ideal look:


All kidding aside, because I get SO many comments about John's weight, I asked the doctor if it's something to be worried about and she said absolutely not.  His diet it perfect - just breastmilk, fruits, veggies, and occasionally chicken - so she said he's just supposed to be chunky baby.  It will most likely burn off now that he's more mobile.  

As for the height, Bud and I still think they just don't get a good measurement.  We've said that every appointment though.  I mean, it certainly looks like he's gained a whole lot more than 7.75 inches, right?


No comments:

Post a Comment