Pages

Sunday, November 4, 2012

27 Weeks...13 to go


Week: 27

Size (according to Babycenter.com):  A head of cauliflower

Total Weight gain:  5 lbs 

Physically, I'm feeling:  Ugh, not so hot.  Having a cold while pregnant is not fun.  I just want to breathe through my nose and stop coughing like a man who has smoked for 40+ years.  Honestly, the worst part now is that I’m achy...head ache, ear ache, etc.  The Tylenol is helping a little, but I’m still feeling pretty blah.

Other than the cold, I’m ok.  Yesterday was the Jacksonville Walk that I was excited/nervous about.  My 4 Jax besties and Bud volunteered at the event.  It means to much to me that they were there and happy to help.  Bud was essentially my shadow, not letting me lift a thing that weighed more than my sunglasses.  We raised $128K  which is great, but I need about another $30,000 to make goal.  I have until the end of the year to find it…wish me luck.

Emotionally, I'm feeling:  Thankful.  As I mentioned, having Grier, Erin, Deena, Sam, and Bud wake up early to volunteer at the Walk meant more to me than they probably know.  It’s such a wonderful thing to have friends like them.  Also, my amazing in-laws and sweet mom came to the Walk as participants.  It really made my day seeing them there.   

Sleep:  Oh man.  Unfortunately, it was much worse this week.  The combination of a head cold and having a lot on my mind was lethal.  I woke up one or two times every night and had a rough time going back to sleep.  Let’s not do that again.

Baby's Movement:  He seems fine to me.   He’s most active at night, but will “check in” a couple times during the day to say hey.  I think he had the hiccups the other night, but I can’t be sure.  If it wasn’t the hiccups, then my kid has pretty good rhythm for a white boy.

What I'm nervous about:  This is a BIG week.  I have a doctor’s appointment on Tuesday.   I get a little nervous before every appointment, but especially this one because I have to take my glucose screen to see if I have gestational diabetes.  I don’t have any of the risk factors (excessive weight gain, African American, family history), but I’ve been worried about it because I wasn’t in the shape I wanted to be when I got knocked up. 

They’ll give me a one hour test first.  It involves drinking this orange stuff, waiting an hour, and then a few blood draws.  If I pass, I’m good to go after that.  If I fail the 1 hour test, I’ll have to take a 3 hour test to find out if I have it.

I really hope I’ll have the 1 hour test and that’ll be it.  How sad with Christmas be without any buckeyes or puppy chow?

What I'm excited about:  The election being over.  Here’s hoping that it goes my way and this boy will be born with a President who I believe is on the right side of history on many social issues.  One way or another, however, this will all be over soon.  That, I think we all agree, is a good thing.

Anything else?:   Bud and I have started looking for a pediatrician that we’ll feel comfortable with.  A close friend highly recommended one in Jax Beach, but unfortunately they aren’t accepting any more newborns in February.  Who knew finding a pediatrician is something I should have started thinking about months ago?  I thought I was being pretty proactive….guess not.  There are two on Hodges that seem good so I’ll try to set up an interview soon.

I’ve also begun to look at daycares around our house and around my office.  This will need a post all of it’s own.  So, so, so many thoughts on this.  This parenting shit is full of hard decisions.  Why can’t Uma just be the nanny?  She might not have thumbs, but she’s pretty good at taking care of June all day.

3 comments:

  1. Love your consistent posts!! I love being able to check in with my beautiful preggo friend without having to send stalker-esque texts every few days! Hope you are feeling better, your nurses look like they are doing a fine job! Also, I love, love, love the fabric you picked out. love. Moonbeam sundance is going to find it so peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 100% greets!! We had a great time and wouldn't have missed it for the world.

    Also, AMEN on this election being over. My home phone gets at least 10 calls and 5 messages left every single day. Shouldn't there be a rule against calling once you've already voted?!? And yes, I am well aware that it's weird I have a home phone in 2012- but, my cell doesn't work inside my house. Boo.

    Feel better soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We LOVED helping you and were truly so impressed with what you do!!

    Did you pass the test???? Hope so! If not, I can recommend you to the good quest diagnostic that has a big comfy lazy boy & big screen tv for the 3 hour wait....beats going to work.

    How is June Bug?? Xoxo

    ReplyDelete