Pages

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

She's All Mine

I paid the FINAL payment on my Jetta today!!!

I'll freely admit that I didn't get a good deal on this car.  In November 2006 I wanted/needed* a new car and basically bought the Jetta without any research on how to buy a car, what a good deal is, what a bad deal is, etc.  Needless to say, 24-year-old Katie kinda got screwed (6 year car loan with a horrible interest rate = dumb).  But again, I was clueless.  Live and learn.

The good news is that she’s all paid off now.  Yay!  Our plan is to keep her as long as possible.  Let’s see how far the German engineering can take me.  Say it with me.... FOUR MORE YEARS! FOUR MORE YEARS! FOUR MORE YEARS!

*If you don’t know the story of why I wanted/needed a new car in the fall of 2006, it’s a doozy.

My sweet first born was spayed on a Friday in August 2006.  At the time, I was driving my red Jetta (with cloth seats) which was in good condition. When I went to pick her up from the vet she was so pathetic.  Just imagine Uma at 20ish pounds all drugged up with a big incision on her belly.  I picked up her little body, put her in the car, drove home and let my car sit there ALLLLLLLLLL weekend with the windows up.  Neither Bud nor I left her side all weekend because we were crazy first time parents.  I’m not exaggerating…Bud slept downstairs with her all weekend because we didn’t want her to try to walk upstairs.  We were a bit crazy about that puppy…who am I kidding, we still are.

So Monday I get in my car to go to work and the smell was OVERWHELMING.  I got about two houses down before I realized that Sweet Baby Uma must have peed on the way home THREE DAYS ago and that shit had baked in all weekend.  Again, it was August…in Florida…with the windows up…and cloth seats.  Yikes.

I had the car deep cleaned a couple times, but it was useless.  I had no choice, but to buy a new car.  And that's the story of how the gold Jetta came into our lives.  Thanks, Um.

1 comment:

  1. Bbbbbahahaha. This story never gets old. RIP, red Jetta.

    Congrats on owning gold Jetta outright. Woop woop!

    ReplyDelete