Pages

Sunday, November 18, 2012

29 weeks...11 to go!

Week: 29

Size (according to Babycenter.com):  Butternut squash which looks exactly like spaghetti squash so I’m totally confused.  He’s supposedly 15 inches and 2.5 pounds. 

Total Weight gain:  7 lbs. 

Physically, I'm feeling:  Pretty good, but seriously large.  Gaining 2 pounds in one week doesn’t sound like a lot, but I can certainly feel it. 

Emotionally, I'm feeling:  So, so, so happy that MY WALKS ARE FINALLY DONE!  Cue celebrations!  It’s such a relief to be done with them until next fall.  SUCH a relief.  I still have quite a bit to fundraise between now and the end of the year, but no formal events to stress over.

Sleep:  About the same.  I’m so thankful that, for the most part, I’m falling asleep pretty easily.  That’s usually my weakness when it comes to sleep.  Like I’ve said before, I’ve never been a good sleeper.  Usually the tiniest thing can keep me awake for hours, but falling asleep hasn’t been a problem lately (knock on wood).  I’m most comfortable with a pillow (just a regular pillow) between my legs.  Luckily there’s been no need for a $100 pregnancy pillow or some insane contraption.  Seriously, look at this shit:



This is EXACTLY how I sleep...with a red rose in my hand at all times.  Doesn't everybody?

Baby's Movement:  I feel like he’s either a freakishly long baby or he moves really quickly because I swear I can feel him really high one minute and really low the next minute. 

Side note:  I know movement is a good thing and it definitely reassures me every time I feel the little guy, but it’s still totally creepy that there’s something moving inside me.  Ew.  Just think about that. 

What I'm nervous about:   Good God, plenty.  There’s been…cough cough…just a couple a million things that I’ve been putting off “until my walks are over” and now here we are.  First up is finding a pediatrician and daycare. 

What I'm excited about:  Thanksgiving and a short work week!  Bud’s sister, Sarah, and my two nieces are coming in town tomorrow and will be here for about two weeks.  I love when they are here!

Anything else?:  I think June has figured out that I’m pregnant.  It’s like she all the sudden knows.  Every night last week she would jump in my lap and put her head right on my big belly.  It’s so sweet.  Sorry this pic is so grainy, but seriously...how cute is my Junebug?

1 comment:

  1. June is sooooooo sweet. I can't imagine what great big sisters they're going to be.

    ReplyDelete