Pages

Saturday, June 1, 2013

My First Mother's Day

Three weeks late, but I had to write a little something about my first Mother's Day.  Bud, Uma, June, and John made me feel very loved.

Bud got me some beautiful flowers and an Ironman cup that lights up.  To explain...since breastfeeding I've been insanely thirsty all the time, but don't like using normal cups because the condensation drips on John.  I love Tervis Tumblers and those types of cups that don't sweat.  So it's one of those cups.  Added bonus is that the lights totally mesmerize John.  I just hope I'm not making him epileptic.  

Bud also got me breakfast (waffles and bacon)...my favorite.

My mom came over and I finally got to pop the Prosecco that my dad got me when John was born.  I vow to never let a bottle of champs sit in my fridge that long again.

My real present came a few days later...John's newborn pictures.  I had planned to get professional pictures taken of my little guy when he was 2 or 3 weeks old, but never did.  The thought of getting dressed and out of the door was too daunting at the time.  These are pictures that the hospital took before we were discharged.  John was 2 days old...6 lbs, 9 ounces.

He looks so tiny and so different.  I love that mop of black hair and his orange tint (thanks to a little jaundice) really makes him look spray tanned. I will cherish these pictures forever. 








2 comments:

  1. So precious! You know Tan-Mom would be so jealous of John's coloring in this pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a solid win I think. Most newborn professional photos are so f'n creepy.

    ReplyDelete