Pages

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

John's Room

So the nursery is finally about as done as it's going to get for now.  I had a couple of other things that I thought I wanted to do in there, but my little early bird put a kink in that plan.  I don't foresee any crafting anytime soon so let's just consider this complete.  I shouldn't blame the babe...I probably wouldn't have crafted anyway.  Damn you, Pinterest.  You make me feel like a failure.

Bud and I love the way it turned out.  This is pretty close to what I pictured from the beginning so I'm happy that it's done and not a total disaster.  I consider the room gender-neutral and honestly would have probably done the same thing if we had a girl.  

By far the best part of the nursery is that John seems to like it as much as we do.  He's slept in his crib every night since he was a week old.  Thank God for the video monitor.  It's great that I can keep an eye on him and we can both get some quality rest.  
 
If you're standing at the door

The rocking chair just arrived last weekend and it's totally changed my life.  Until now I was going into the livingroom in the middle of the night to nurse John.  That doesn't sound like a pain in the ass, but trust me, it is.  It's heavenly to grab him, take two steps, and plop down in that chair.  I've already fallen asleep in it twice.  Whoops.  Uma's new favorite place to lay is in the corner behind the rocking chair.  It's not the safest place to lay (rocking = squishing her), but it's cute.  Right now John is ONLY into nursing (and nursing and nursing and nursing), but I know we'll read countless books and sing countless songs in that chair.

We might add a small table in between the chair and the dresser to put a lamp, books, my phone, etc. 

The diaper caddy and wall abacus were both Etsy finds.  John already likes looking up at the beads when I move them.  Anyone actually know how an abacus works?

If you're standing next to the dresser

Sorry for the glare...I'm no photographer

Bud found this print on Etsy and liked it.  It was one of those things where you actually just buy the high-res jpeg and then print it yourself.  We blew it up to poster size and printed it at Walgreens for super cheap and found a poster frame at JoAnn's that was 50% off.  It's not often that we are thrifty so I had to brag a little.

The small round thing in the middle is a white noise machine and is another lifesaver.  Bud went out and bought it when John was 4 days old.  I highly recommend one.

Above the crib.  Thanks, Aunt Sarah!  She saw this on my Pinterest board and surprised me.  Very thoughtful!

Nannie made this for me when I was born and it was in my nursery.  Love it.

The glare in this one is impressive because if you look hard enough you can see me photobombing in my Giants shirt.  haha.

John's closet

I swear it was well organized before he was born, but now it's just the place I quickly put everything away while he sleeps.

2 comments:

  1. Love the abacus! It reminds me of the one that was in Nannie and Bob Bob's living room that we loved playing with. Knowing how one works is completely unnecessary :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad everything finally came in. It looks very chic!!

    ReplyDelete