Pages

Monday, November 4, 2013

Happy Halloween!

John’s 1st Halloween was a hit!  Bud and I were a bit stumped on what we wanted to dress him up as, but I think we nailed it.

I don't always wear a belt-buckle, but when I do my mom makes it out of tin foil and safety pins it to my pants.

 At first, were first thinking we’d get him a costume online or at a Halloween store.  I was “pinning” all kinds of adorable costumes (dinosaur, dragon, penguin, marshmallow man, etc.), but the prices were kind of silly considering we weren’t even going to leave our front yard so we were trying to think of something we could do and reuse most of it.  Bud was lobbying pretty hard to dress him up as one of his many nicknames, President Taft, but in the end he got to be the Man in Black, Johnny Cash.


His hair was my favorite part, but it didn't really turn out that great in pictures.  His hair has gotten so long so we put some product in it, slicked it back on the sides, and tried to get it as high as possible on the top.  I've had a thing for pompadours since my Conan phase so this made me so happy.

John was so relaxed and sweet that night.  The three of us sat in the driveway for an hour and a half just handing out candy and watching families walk by.  He happily sat in my lap the whole time.  Bud and I half-joked that if this is the way to keep him happy in the evening we’ll sit out there every night.  Not everyone got what his costume was right away, but everyone smiled once I said “he’s baby Johnny Cash.”  I mean, come on.  It’s too much.

Just sitting in the driveway being a badass.


John also had a back-up costume that was crazy adorable.  I was at Target on Halloween afternoon and started panicking that my Johnny Cash costume would be an epic failure and then my poor child wouldn’t have any 1st Halloween pictures because I’m a neglectful mother.  When I saw this puppy costume for only $15 I threw it in the cart.  I’m planning to bring John to see my grandma in his puppy costume this week. Not sure she’d appreciate baby Johnny Cash as much as the rest of us, but any one with the ability to see will love puppy-Johnny.

How could I say no after he tried on the hat?



Gramma and Pop

My parents got to see him in his "back-up" costume because I didn't have time to get him in his Johnny Cash costume before they needed to leave.






1 comment: